LIR3 Virtual Learning Sessions, #7
“Connect with the Experts - Part 2!”
Thursday 17 September 2020
6:30-8:00 PM ET
Connect with the Experts of PMI Region 3
Post our summer break, join us for our sixth PMI Leadership Insititute Region 3 Virtual Learning Session, Thursday 17 September 2020, 6:30-8:00 pm EST: “Connect with the Experts - Part 2!"
In these break-out sessions, participants will share what has worked well in their chapters, as well as engage with seasoned regional and national PMI leaders for in-depth discussions. Lead by subject matter experts for their chosen topic, the groups will consolidate their findings and learnings and share back with the whole group at the end of the session. Participants will choose their preferred break-out session from the available topics in advance and will be routed to the appropriate virtual room after joining the session.
- Membership, Recruitment, and Volunteers lead by Larissa Moran, PMI Chapter Partner, North Central and Northeast North America Regions, as well as New Member Orientation Coordinators
- Policies, Governance & Finance -Best Practices lead by Galini Gavrilidou, Director of Finance / Treasurer at PMI Lakeshore Ontario Chapter, and Toby Utermohlen, PMI Chapter Administrator, North Central and Northeast North America Regions
Agenda as follows: (all times approximate)
- 6:30 - 6:40 (10 minutes) - Plenary session, assignment of breakout rooms
- 6:40 - 7:10 (30 minutes) - Breakout group discussions
- 7:10 - 7:45 (35 minutes) - Regroup and present breakout findings to entire group
- 7:45 - 8:00 (15 minutes) - Closing remarks
Why attend the Leadership Institute Region 3 Meeting?
Deliver Value to Your Members
In order to deliver the greatest value to our membership, sharing best practices among chapters provides a shortcut to having the greatest impact. Connect with chapter leaders in areas similar to your own to learn how they are addressing the same challenges you are facing at your own chapter.
Network with Fellow Chapter Leaders
One of the primary benefits of attending the Leadership Institute Region 3 Meeting is networking with fellow Region 3 chapter leaders. Whether you need to learn new strategies for meeting member needs, are looking to connect someone with a member of your board that they could assist, or are simply looking to broaden your network for future considerations, connections are made at LIR3Ms that can last for years or a lifetime!
Expand Your Knowledge of PMI
Learn PMI approved methods and practices for running a successful chapter. Get a first look at upcoming changes in the PMI vision for its chapters. Interact with PMI representatives in-person to discuss how your chapter can benefit from PMI chapter resources.